Thursday, January 29, 2015

My Review of Cake

        So I recently watched Cake and I;m here to bring you my review. So without further ado..............





Cake poster.jpg

        Claire Simmons (played by Jennifer Aniston) is a woman who has visions of a woman in her chronic pain support group who died by suicide. As she uncovers the details of the suicide, she grapples with her own personal demons.

     

        This is a pretty decent film. Jennifer Aniston has always been know for her work on Friends and she hasn't been taken seriously as an actress and she shows her abilities in this film. I honestly believe that she was robbed of an Oscar nomination. As much as I feel bad for her I feel just as badly about the character she plays in the film. We really get a tragic look at woman who is struggling with depression and it brings on such an emotional and powerful performance and a gripping story. The film itself is pretty boring when Aniston isn't on screen (which isn't much) plus the film isn't executed well at all and it just leaves us as the audience wanting this film to be so much more. I did like the supporting performances in film as well, but they don't bring much to help the story. Overall the film is emotional and powerful, but not executed well at all. I give Cake a 5.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Cake, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment