Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Review of St. Vincent

        So I recently watched St. Vincent and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.....





St Vincent poster.jpg

        Vincent (played by Bill Murray), a drunken, gambling war veteran retiree, gets recruited by his new single-mom neighbor Maggie (played by Melissa McCarthy) to watch over her small grown 12-year-old son Oliver (Jaeden Lieberher). Vincent's ideas of after-school activities involve racetracks and strip clubs, but eventually the mismatched pair begin to help each other grow up.

       

        I really enjoyed the film. First off let me say that the performances are spectacular especially from Bill Murray (who gives his best performance since Lost in Translation) and from Melissa McCarthy (who gives the performance of her career). Director/Writer Theodore Melfi does an amazing job of writing some very catchy and humorous dialogue that may get him an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay and for getting great performances form the films two leads. Now some of the jokes don't hit home and the performance of young Jaeden Lieberher is less than spectacular. Overall this is one of the more original films and one of the more comedic films of the year. I give St. Vincent a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of St. Vincent, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment