Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Review of The Book of Life

        So I recently watched The Book of Life and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Book of Life (2014 film) poster.jpg

         Manolo (voiced by Diego Luna) is a conflicted hero and dreamer who sets off on an epic quest through magical, mythical and wondrous worlds in order to rescue his one true love and defend his village.

       

        This was a pretty good movie. It is one of the more entertaining animated films I've seen this year. It also has a really interesting to story that's full of twists and turns and it is very creative. The film also has some really beautiful visuals for an animated film. I also really liked the voice cast and they really did their characters justice and made them more interesting. It's also a very dark film that deals with a lot of tones that really don't fit for children (mainly under 10), but the trailers made it seem like it was all fun and games when it's not and that hurts any animated film and it makes the film very misleading. Overall the film has some fun moments, but it's way too dark for an animated film. I give The Book of Life a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Book of Life, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment