Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Review of The Good Lie

        So I recently watched The Good Lie and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...







The Good Lie poster.jpg

        They were known simply as "The Lost Boys." Orphaned by the brutal Civil war in Sudan that began in 1983, these young victims traveled as many as a thousand miles on foot in search of safety. Fifteen years later, a humanitarian effort would bring 3600 lost boys and girls to America.



        This film was really amazing. First off let me say that this film is absolutely heart-breaking, but heart-warming at the same time and it plays with your emotions (in a good way). From the beginning of the film you become immediately hooked with the "The Lost Boys" story and what they had to go through to get to America. I'll also say that the acting in the film is spectacular and it's mostly attributed to Reese Witherspoon who gives possibly her best performance since winning the Oscar for Walk the Line. If you do not know about this story then I encourage you to go back and look into because it simply crazy what the people of Sudan have had to go through. I will say the film is a little misleading with Witherspoon being the lead when she is barely in the movie and it can sometimes beat you over the head with the emotional moments. Overall the film is powerful and emotional, but can constantly remind you what the film is about. I give The Good Lie an 8.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Good Lie, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment