Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Review of Dracula Untold

        So I recently watched Dracula Untold and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





A man walking away from a large amount of bats.

        The film tells an origin story for its title character, Count Dracula, by portraying the story of Vlad the Impaler (played by Luke Evans), who uses dark powers to protect his family and kingdom.

       

        This film is a steaming pile of crap. Look I'm a huge fan of the Universal monster movies and this film was supposed to be the start of new cinematic universe, but those plans (at least critically) are shot down. The film feels like I, Frankenstein did earlier in the year (and I hated the film) in the sense that it tries to mix action and horror and the film ends up being really boring and forgettable. I will say that taking the story of Dracula from the perspective of Vlad the Impaler was an interesting concept, but it just tries to be something that it's not and that is that it is not the Dracula movie that we are all use to seeing on the big screen. I'll also say that Luke Evans as Vlad the Impaler/Dracula does a really great job with a horrible script with some campy dialogue. Overall the film is a mess and it fails on every level. I give Dracula Untold a 2 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Dracula Untold, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment