Thursday, October 30, 2014

My Review of Halloween (1978)

        So with tomorrow being Halloween, I thought it would be fitting to review the horror film which bares the holiday's name Halloween. So without further ado...





Halloween cover.jpg

        On Halloween night in 1963, a six-year-old Michael Myers (played by Will Sandin) murders his older sister by stabbing her with a kitchen knife. Fifteen years later , Michael escapes from a psychiatric hospital, returns home, and stalks teenager Laurie Strode (played by Jamie Lee Curtis) and her friends. Michael's psychiatrist Dr. Sam Loomis (played by Donald Pleasence) suspects Michael's intentions, and follows him to Haddonfield to try to prevent him from killing.


        I really enjoy this film. This film was the first horror film that I ever saw in my life. The film has a lot of violence that puts it on par with Psycho and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The actin gin the film is also spectacular with Jamie Lee Curtis in her debut and she (in my opinion) deserved an Oscar nomination as well as Donald Pleasence. It also has some of the best suspense for a horror film and it has never been matched by any other film that has followed. The film however borrows too much from Psycho and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and it isn't really that original nor is it very scary. Overall I say that it is one of the greatest horror films of all-time, but it's more creepy than scary and in all honesty it's not that scary. I give Halloween a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Halloween, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment