Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Review of Annabelle

        So I recently watched Annabelle and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado......





Annabelle-poster.jpg

        Before The Conjuring, there was Annabelle.The demonic doll from The Conjuring gets her very own feature in this spin-off. A couple (played by Annabelle Wallis and Ward Horton) begin to experience terrifying supernatural occurrences involving a vintage doll shortly after their home is invaded by satanic cultists.

     

        This film was better than I thought it be. Now look is it as great as The Conjuring... no, but it does it's job as a really solid horror film. It has a lot of really frightening moments and the reveal of the demon literally had me terrified. The story also does a great job of adding on to the story of The Conjuring and does its justice as a prequel. No the film is far from great and that's attributed to some of the most predictable moments in film history and it doesn't help when the actors are just absolutely atrocious. The one silver lining in the entire mix is the performance of Alfre Woodard who just absolutely still the shows. I will also say that the ending left me a little dissatisfied and upset. Overall the film provides a lot of scares and creepy moments but just ends up being too predictable. I give Annabelle a 6. 5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Annabelle, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.


                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment