Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Review of 23 Blast

        So I recently watched 23 Blast and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado..........





23 Blast poster.jpg

        In the fall of 1997, Travis Freeman (played by Mark Hapka) (who in the prime of his youth), is unexpectedly stricken with an infection that destroys his optic nerve. He becomes blind overnight. Under the influence of parents who love him, a physical therapist who challenges him, a coach who inspires him, and a best friend who he cannot bear to leave behind, Travis shows us what true bravery is by competing on the gridiron, helping his team advance to the State playoffs. We follow Travis and Jerry Baker (played by Bram Hoover), his closest friend, from the time they meet on the football field as kids through high school. Jerry's attraction to the dark side of teenage temptations, beer and drugs, threatens to pull the friends apart. It is only on the football field where they truly connect.

       

        This was pretty good movie. Now being from Corbin (where the film takes place and shot) the film hits home for me. I really liked the acting in film mostly by Mark Hapka and Stephen Lang. I also thought Dylan Baker did an amazing job in his directorial debut and did the story of Travis Freeman justice. If I were a person who didn't know anything about the story then  I would say that the film is predictable and it brings nothing new to the table. Another thing really bothered me was the supporting cast which I thought were boring and intriguing (not saying the real people are this way). Overall the film is very inspirational and has a few good performances, but it lacks a great supporting cast and it is very predictable. I give 23 Blast an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of 23 Blast, what would you rate it and  what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment