Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My Review of Results

        So I recently watched Results and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...........





Results

        Recently divorced, newly rich, and utterly miserable, Danny (played by Kevin Corrigan) would seem to be the perfect test subject for a definitive look at the relationship between money and happiness. Danny's well-funded ennui is interrupted by a momentous trip to the local gym, where he meets self-styled guru/owner Trevor (played by Guy Pearce) and irresistibly acerbic trainer Kat (played by Cobie Smulders). Soon, their three lives are inextricably knotted, both professionally and personally.

       

        This is a really good movie. One of the big things for me in movies is how strong the performances are and in this film they are really good. I loved Colbie Smulders and and Guy Pearce in the film, but not so much on Kevin Corrigan. I've never been a huge fan of him and I honestly thought the role should've went to Guy Pearce or top someone else with more gravitas and that would've really hit home for me. The story is tremendous and I give a lot of credit to director Andrew Bujalski who intertwines the three main characters stories together for cohesive film. I think someone should give Andrew Bujalski a bigger film and I think he can do a great job with that type of film. I thought the pacing of the film was a little slow in the middle, but the first and third acts are perfect and I also thought the film was a little too long, but the runtime wasn't a big deal to me. The jokes in the film are solid, but some were a little over the top and just didn't work for me. Overall this is a tremendous film and the performances are, but the middle of the film just drags along and I was taken out of the movie a little bit. I give Results a 7.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Results, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment