Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Review of Insidious Chapter 3

        So I recently watched Insidious Chapter 3 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Insidious – Chapter 3 poster.jpg

        This chilling prequel, set before the haunting of the Lambert family, reveals how gifted psychic Elise Rainier (played by Lin Shaye) reluctantly agrees to use her ability to contact the dead in order to help a teenage girl (played by Stefanie Scott) who has been targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity.

       

        This was a decent movie. As a lot of you know that I am a big horror fan and I will say that horror sequels are really hard to make because the first film was so amazing that the second film has a lot of expectations to live up to the predecessor and they usually fail (i.e. Insidious Chapter 2). However the third film in any franchise is really hard to do because it means that the two previous films did so good that the third film has even higher expectations and this film lives up to those expectations. The film has a lot more scares than the first two films combined and they will make you jump out of your seats. I will say that while the scares are good, the filmmakers put to much into that instead of the story which is pretty flat. The acting is pretty decent and the real stand out is Lin Shave who is just amazing in the film. I really did like the job that Leigh Wannell did stepping in for James Wan and I've been a fan of his for a while, but I think this is the film that will really make him stand out. Overall this is a really scary film, but the story just isn't there for this to be a great film. I give Insidious Chapter 3 a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Insidious Chapter 3, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment