Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Review of Jurassic World

        So I recently watched Jurassic World and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Jurassic World poster.jpg

        Twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park, Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After 10 years of operation and visitor rates declining, in order to fulfill a corporate mandate, a new attraction is created to re-spark visitor's interest, which backfires horribly.

       

        This film was really awesome. Look I'm a massive fan of the Jurassic Park franchise and mainly a massive fan of the first film. Now going into this the only film you'll need to have seen the first film
as this film does a lot of great callbacks to the first film and you won't get them unless you've seen the first film. The story of the film is pretty basic just like the first film and one theme you can take away from the film is that bigger is not always better. Colin Trevorrow does an amazing job filling Stephen Spielberg's shoes as the director and I'm sad that he won't be returning to direct the sequel because I think he is the right guy for this franchise to succeed for years to come. The performances are pretty solid for the most part. All of the adult characters like Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and Vincent D'Onofrio get developed so well throughout the movie that you can easily cheer for or against them when they do something on screen. I was a little annoyed by Ty Simpkins and Nick Robinson (who play the two young boys) as there characters made so many stupid decisions and they pretty much scream the entire movie and I just couldn't handle it. All of the dinosaurs look amazing especially the Indominus Rex (the new hybrid dinosaur) and I'm a little disappointed that the film didn't use more animatronics like the previous films because they seemed so much more realistic than CGI dinosaurs, but I understand why the filmmakers used CGI 95% of the movie. Overall this was a really solid film and it puts the Jurassic Park franchise back on the map. I give Jurassic World a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Jurassic World, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment