Sunday, June 21, 2015

My Review of Dope

        So I recently watched Dope and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado................





DopeTeaserPoster.jpg

        Malcolm (played by Shameik Moore) is carefully surviving life in a tough neighborhood in Los Angeles while juggling college applications, academic interviews, and the SAT. A chance invitation to an underground party leads him into an adventure that could allow him to go from being a geek, to being dope, to ultimately being himself.

     

        This is a really fun movie. From the trailers, I didn't really know what the film was about or what the basic tone of the film was and I was pretty surprised at what it turned about to be. The story takes you on a really fun journey with a lot of interesting twists and turns and has a lot of elements that were borrowed form other movies from the 90's and they fit in really well into a modern setting. The soundtrack to the film is one of the best I have ever heard and it may rival the one from Guardians of the Galaxy. The performances in the film were terrific and the big time standout was Shameik Moore who you grow to love throughout the entire film and he as some real talent and I can't wait to see what this kid does in the future. I will say that the comedy in the film is a little forced and cheesy and I didn't really laugh when the film wanted to me to laugh. It is also full of the typical stereotypes that just really annoy me in every film. Overall this is a really fun film to take a break from the traditional blockbuster films this summer, but there a lot of cheesy moments and bad stereotypes. I give Dope an 8.5 out of the 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Dope, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment