Monday, November 10, 2014

My Review of Big Hero 6

        So I recently watched Big Hero 6 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.....





Big Hero 6 (film) poster.jpg

        Robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada (voiced by Ryan Potter), learns to harness his genius-thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi (voiced by Daniel Henney) and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago (voiced by Jamie Chung), neatnik Wasabi (voiced by Damon Wayans, Jr.), chemistry whiz Honey Lemon (voiced by Génesis Rodríguez) and fanboy Fred (voiced by T.J. Miller). When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion-a robot named Baymax (voiced by Scott Adsit) and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery.

       

        I really enjoyed this film. First off I just want to welcome Disney Animation back to the game, I say that because the past three films that they have released (this, Frozen and Wreck-it-Ralph) have been hits out of the park in every sense of the phrase. The voice acting in the film is solid with some of the perfect voice casting I've seen from a film since Shrek. The visuals for the film are fantastic as well and I really felt like I was inside the world of these characters. The film (like most Disney films) has a lot of heart-felt and emotional moments that really get to you and the comedic timing was spot on throughout the film. I will also say that Baymax has instantly become one of my favorite film characters. The main problem I have with the film is that it is very predictable from the start and it just didn't leave me wanting more from these characters in the future. Overall this film is great for kids and adults with some pretty powerful moments, but just too much predictability. I give Big Hero 6 a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Big Hero 6, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment