Monday, February 3, 2014

My Review of Labor Day

        So I recently watched Labor Day and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado..............





Labor Day Poster.jpg

        13-year-old Henry Wheeler (Gattlin Griffith), who struggles to be the man of his house and care for his reclusive mother Adele (played by Kate Winslett) while confronting all the pangs of adolescence. On a back-to-school shopping trip, Henry and his mother encounter Frank Chambers (played by Josh Brolin), a man both intimidating and clearly in need of help, who convinces them to take him into their home and later is revealed to be an escaped convict. The events of this long Labor Day weekend will shape them for the rest of their lives.        


        This was a pretty mediocre film to say the least. While I love the story concept of the story but it just seemed really boring to me, mainly because the film is really, really slow. I love Josh Brolin and Kate Winslett as actors but they're god awful in the film and they make you not care about the characters. I really like Director Jason Reitman's films (which include Thank You for Smoking, Young Adult, Juno and Up in the Air) a lot but his is just a pathetic effort. Going in I really wanted to like this film but in the end it's boring and very dull. Overall I give Labor Day a 3.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think about Labor Day, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                        Jonah Sparks 

No comments:

Post a Comment