Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Review of The Gunman

        So I recently watched The Gunman and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Gunman Official Theatrical Poster.jpg

        An ex-soldier (Sean Penn) who carried out an assassination in the Democratic Republic of Congo finds his past catching up with him eight years later.

       

        This film is absolutely terrible. When I first saw the trailer for the film I got absolutely excited because we have never seen Sean Penn in an action film and after seeing this I don't want him to be in another action film. Look he gives a great performance, but his character is wasted and the story does nothing for him. It also wastes Javier Bardem and Idris Elba. The trailers are so misleading in telling what the film is about. It makes you feel like you are going to see an action-packed over-the-top film and it's ok to think that is because the producers of the film made Taken, but instead you get a mellow dramatic film that is just so boring. Overall the film is just boring and not even the performances can get you excited. I give The Gunman a 1.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Gunman, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment