Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Review of Focus

        So I recently watched Focus and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.............





2015 Focus film poster.png

        In the midst of veteran con man Nicky (played by Will Smith)'s latest scheme, a woman (played by Margot Robbie) from his past (now an accomplished femme fatale) shows up and throws his plans for a loop.

     

        This was a pretty disappointing film. I say disappointing because of the people involved. Will Smith used to be a huge star, but now any film he leads turns to complete crap and poor Margot Robbie is brought down along with him. I was really wanting to see how these two act on-screen together as they'll be in Suicide Squad together next year and they actually work pretty well together. Now granted they do have to work with what they are given and that isn't much. Director/writers Glenn Ficarra and John Requa have done some pretty decent films over the years, but they have turned in more plies of garbage than good solid films. The concept seems really interesting and eventhough we have seen this type of film before (Ocean's Eleven series) and it does some things that are intriguing. Overall this film had a lot of potential, but in the end it falls flat on it's face and isn't able to capitalize on the main stars. I give Focus a 4 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Focus, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment