Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Review of Danny Collins

        So I recently watched Danny Collins and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Danny Collins Official Poster.jpg

        Aging 1970s rocker Danny Collins (played by Al Pacino) cannot give up his hard-living ways. But when his manager Frank Grubman (played by Christopher Plummer) uncovers a 40-year-old undelivered letter written to him by John Lennon, he decides to change course, and embarks on a heartfelt journey to rediscover his family, find true love and begin a second act.

       

        This was a really great movie. When I first heard about the thing that immediately popped into my head was they were making a Birdman 2. You can see elements of Birdman in this film from the plot, to the development of the characters to the ensemble cast. Al Pacino gives a magnificent performance and if it hadn't been for Birdman doing it first, then I think this film would get a lot of Oscar buzz. I love seeing two legendary actors in Pacino and Plummer on-screen together and you can tell they have amazing chemistry. It's also good to see Pacino back in these types of roles instead of doing a piece of crap movie like Jack and Jill. I will say one thing that kind of annoy me was Pacino singing, because he can't sing and there is one song that just gets stuck in your head and you just want it to stop. Overall this is a smart and witty, but unoriginal film that has some amazing performances. I give Danny Collins an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Danny Collins, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment