Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Review of The Divergent Series: Insurgent

        So I recently watched The Divergent Series: Insurgent and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Insurgent poster.jpg

        Tris (played by Shailene Woodley) and Four (played by Theo James) are now fugitives on the run, hunted by Jeanine (played by Kate Winslet), the leader of the power-hungry Erudite elite. Racing against time, they must find out what Tris's family sacrificed their lives to protect, and why the Erudite leaders will do anything to stop them. Haunted by her past choices but desperate to protect the ones she loves, Tris, with Four at her side, faces one impossible challenge after another as they unlock the truth about the past and ultimately the future of their world.

       

        This was actually wasn't that bad, but it's still a mess. This film literally copies the first film in every way possible and it borrows so many different things from other films. I know films always borrow from other films, but not like this. The film is supposed to be a sequel and should be able original, but it's not. It also has some of the worst pacing I have ever seen in a film. Look I don't care what anybody says this franchise is a complete rip-off of The Hunger Games and you argue all you want to, but you know I'm right. The CGI is really terrible and it hurt my eyes so bad that I can never watch this film again. I will say that the performances are good , but the characters aren't developed well and this film just like the The Gunman wastes such a talented cast and that's just really disappointing and the film is just really boring. Overall this is just a dreadful film and it's something I never plan on seeing again in my life. I give The Divergent Series: Insurgent a 1.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Divergent Series: Insurgent, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment