Monday, March 28, 2016

My Review of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

        So I recently watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 poster.png

        Parenting and marriage is becoming tougher and tougher for Toula (played by Nia Vardalos) and her husband Ian (played by John Corbett). Not only has their relationship lost some of its spark, but they're also dealing with a rebellious teenage daughter who clashes with Greek traditions. On top of that, Toula must contend with aging parents and the endless needs of cousins and friends. When a shocking family secret comes to light, the entire Portokalos clan makes plans to come together for an even bigger wedding than before.

       

        This film is an absolute disaster. The first film was a film that surprised many by being so funny and memorable and you just wanted to stay with this outlandish family for long time. In this film you are just wishing and hoping that it will end quickly. Nothing about the film is great and it's disappointing considering that the entire cast came back for this film. The only real bright spot in the cast is James Corbett who just looks like he didn't even want to be in this film. All of the jokes are forced and none of them are even relatively funny. The story pretty much plays out just like the last film, only this time there's a subplot that gets put in dealing with the annoying parents that don't deserve any huge amount of screen time. It also asks the question why the film was made because the first film ended on a great note and there was nothing that could further along the story and it's proven in this film. Overall this film is nothing special or unique like the first film and it just was just too painful to watch. I give My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 a 0 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment