Tuesday, April 28, 2015

My Review of The Water Diviner

        So I recently watched The Water Diviner and I'm here to bring you my review. so without further ado...





The Water Diviner poster.jpg

        An Australian man named Joshua Connor (played by Russell Crowe) travels to Turkey after the Battle of Gallipoli to try and locate his three missing sons.

       

        This was a pretty nice little film. Now for those that didn't know this film won Best Film at the AACTA Awards last year which is Australia's equivalent to our Oscars and I can see why this film won the award.  It's a beautifully shot film and it uses its surroundings to it's advantage in every way possible. This was Russell Crowe's directorial debut and this was the perfect film for him to start this path as a director. I also really liked the performances in the film especially coming from Russell Crowe and if I had to choose I would still prefer Russell Crowe the actor over Russell Crowe the director. I do feel that the film does become to big for itself in some aspects and I think while he did a good job directing the film, the studio and Russell Crowe should've found someone with more experience. Overall this film is powerful and beautiful, but it sometimes becomes too big for it's own good and it should've been put in better hands. I give The Water Diviner a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Water Diviner, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment