Thursday, April 16, 2015

My Review of Paul Blart: Mall Cop

        With Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 set to hit theaters this weekend, I thought it would be fitting to review its predecessor Paul Blart: Mall Cop. So without further ado...





Paul blart mall cop film.jpg

        Paul Blart (played by Kevin James) is a single suburban dad attempting to make ends meet by working as a mall security guard. Paul takes his job very seriously; unfortunately the same can't be said for the shoppers he deals with on a daily basis. That all changes the day that Santa's little helpers shut down the mall and start taking hostages, including Paul's daughter and his main squeeze. Realizing that no one knows the mall better than the man who's paid to guard it, Paul mounts his Segway and speeds to the rescue.

       

          This movie is flat out terrible. The film is supposed to be a comedy and while there are a few really solid jokes, the majority of them fall flat and they feel forced and annoying. I'm going to be completely honest, I think Kevin James is one of the worst actors on the planet and anything he is in I automatically cringe and I;m not interested in the movie. The thing is I want to like the guy as an actor, but he's been in so many terrible films with forced performances that it's hard to respect him as an actor. The film has a somewhat hilarious plot, but it does nothing to keep me interested. Overall this is a really stupid film and it's just pathetic. I give Paul Blart: Mall Cop a 1 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what do you think of Paul Blart: Mall Cop, are you excited for the sequel and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment