Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Review of Brotherly Love

        So I recently watched Brotherly Love and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





BrotherlyLoveMoviePoster.jpg

        Set in the city of Philadelphia and famed Overbrook High School, Brotherly Love follows star high school basketball player Sergio Taylor (played by Eric D. Hill Jr.) as he struggles navigating the fame that comes with being a star athlete. Sergio's older brother June (played by Cory Hardrict) saw his own basketball dreams fade away when he turned to the streets to provide for his family after the death of their father. Segio's twin sister Jackie (played by Keke Palmer) saw her ambitions of having a music career side tracked after unexpectedly falling in love with Chris (played by Quincy Brown).

       

        This was a pretty nice little movie. Now the storyline itself plays out a lot like Love & Basketball, but with a lot more drama. The tone film is deep and dark that you it makes you scared for some of the people in the film I really enjoyed all of the performances especially form Eric D. Hill Jr. and Keke Palmer who are two of the best young actors working in the business an  I loved the performances of Macy Gray who is almost unrecognizable in the film. The thing  about this film is thatit got a little over-dramatic throughout the movie. Overall this was a nice film with strong performances, but it was just to over-whelming and over-dramatic for my taste. I give Brotherly Love a 6 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Brotherly Love, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment