Sunday, April 5, 2015

My Review of Furious 7

        So I recently watched Furious 7 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.......





Furious 7 poster.jpg

        Dominic Torretto (played by Vin Diesel) and his crew thought they left the criminal mercenary life behind. They defeated an international terrorist named Owen Shaw (played by Luke Evans) and went their seperate ways. But now, Shaw's brother, Deckard Shaw (played by Jason Statham) is out killing the crew one by one for revenge. Worse, a Somalian terrorist called Jakarde (played by Djimon Hounsou), and a shady government official called "Mr. Nobody" (played by Kurt Russell) are both competing to steal a computer terrorism program called God's Eye, that can turn any technological device into a weapon. Torretto must reconvene with his team to stop Shaw and retrieve the God's Eye program while caught in a power struggle between terrorist and the United States government.

       

        This film was absolutely amazing. The franchise is over-the-top in every way possible and unlike say a Transformers, the filmmakers realize it and this film has the most unrealistic, but thrilling stunts and actions scenes that are some of the best I've ever seen in a film. The story isn't that great, but these films don't need to rely on a story to be enjoyable. I loved the addition of Jason Statham to the franchise and he was a believable and formidable villain. Kurt Russell also gave a really great performance in the little time he is on-screen. I know a lot of people who are big fans of the franchise and have watched it form the very beginning (me included) and the loss of Paul Walker hit us all really hard and I along with many others were wondering how they would handle his character and it turned out to be one of the classiest tributes I've ever seen and it actually made me tear up a little and I'm going to miss seeing Paul Walker in these movies moving forward. Also Another big thing was the way they finished out the uncompleted scenes of Paul Walker with his brothers and at some points you can tell where they used them, but overall it was some darn good editing. But to bring the film back into reality they did waste The Rock in the film and there were a lot of jokes that just misfired and felt forced. Overall this was a fun film to watch with just a few minor flaws and it features one of the greatest tributes in film history. I give Furious 7 a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Furious 7, what would rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment