Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Review of True Story

        So I recently watched True Story and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.....





True Story poster.jpg

        When disgraced New York Times reporter Michael Finkel (played by Jonah Hill) meets accused killer Christian Longo (played by James Franco) (who has taken on Finkel's identity) his investigation morphs into an unforgettable game of cat-and-mouse.

       

        This was a really disappointing film. I say that because when you see three actors with the caliber of James Franco, Jonah Hill and Felicity Jones (all of whom who have been nominated for Oscars) you expect to be entertained and I just wasn't. From the trailer the film looks as if it will have a dark tone and an edge of your seat thriller and you get none of that. The story just doesn't flow well at all and the film feels really rushed. You think the film will have a twist ending and to be frankly honest it doesn't so don't expect a big reveal. I also thought the performances were pretty dull and that is a disappointment considering the cast. One big disappointment is the fact that Felicity Jones is underused in every way possible and that is a shame. Overall this film had a lot of potential with a great cast but the lack luster performances and boring story just make for a bade film. I give True Story a 2 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of True Story, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment