Sunday, May 25, 2014

My Review of X-Men: Days of Future Past

        So I recently watched X-Men: Days of Future Past and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





X-Men Days of Future Past poster.jpg

        The beloved characters from the original "X-Men" film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from the past, "X-Men: First Class," in order to change a major historical event and fight in an epic battle that could save our future.

     

        "Oh My God" were the first words that came out of my mouth after seeing the film simply because my mind was blown, my breath was taken away and I had just seen the best movie of the year. The film is just flat out amazing and a great way to finish off the comeback of the X-Men that slowly began with X-Men: First Class. Bryan Singer does a wonderful job in his return to the franchise after a 12 year hiatus and knocks it out of the park. The storyline of the film is so brilliantly done and it has a nice balance of showing us the future and the past and how one effects the other at the same time. The performances are out of this world. People complain about Wolverine being the star in every movie (he wasn't in First Class) and ultimately it is him who is sent back in time to save humanity, but the the two big performances come from James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence (who play Professor X and Mystique respectively) who make the film theirs and tell a beautiful story through the ever complicated relationship. The visuals in the film are pretty amazing and speaking of visuals the one major positive of the films deals with a character that not a lot of people (including myself) had high hopes of and that would be Quicksilver who is played by Even Peters and he steals the movie (eventhough he's not in it a lot). The film does a brilliant job of mixing the right amount of  comedy, emotion and action. Speaking of emotion the one scene in the film that got to me (and this isn't a spoiler because it's in the trailer) is the scene when James McAvoy as young Professor X and Patrick Stewart as older Professor X meet and the scene hit me right in the feels. I can't stop talking about how great Simon Kinberg (he wrote the script)'s  story is.  Plus once you see the film you'll notice the slight little nod of a middle finger to Brett Ratner (who almost destroyed the X-Men franchise with X3) courtesy of Bryan Singer. Also stay after the credits for a scene that (if you read the comics) will make you geek out and get excited for the already confirmed X-Men: Apocalypse. Overall this is my favorite film of the year and it's going to be a hard one to beat. I give X-Men: Days of Future Past a 10 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of X-Men: Days of Future Past, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                        Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment