Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Review of Million Dollar Arm

        So I recently watched Million Dollar Arm and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Million Dollar Arm poster.jpg

        American sports agent J.B. Bernstein (played by Jon Hamm) and his partner Ash (Aasif Mandvi) go to India seeking baseball pitchers, through a reality show called Million Dollar Arm. They find two Indians (played by Madhur Mittal  and Suraj Sharma) whom they hope to teach baseball and make them Major League Baseball players.

     
       
        I really enjoyed this film. It had a lot of emotional depth and some really good storytelling. You immediately become attached to J.B. Bernstein's journey and the character is portrayed masterfully by the brilliant Jon Hamm. Not only does Jon Hamm do a great job, but the supporting cast does as well (which includes Alan Arkin, Bill Paxton and Aasif Mandvi) and pull their own weight in the film. I also liked that the didn't really stretch the truth to this sense the story is so recent. The main problems with the film is that it is very predictable and it's takes a lot of elements form Jerry Maguire that just don't really pan out to well. Overall though I really enjoyed this film and Disney really knows how to do true stories really well and I give Million Dollar Arm a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Million Dollar Arm, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment