Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My Review of This Is Where I Leave You

        So I recently watched This Is Where I Leave You and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





This Is Where I Leave You poster.jpg

        The four pugnacious siblings of the Altman family (played by Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Adam Driver, and Corey Stoll) reunite at their childhood home after their father dies, all grounded for a week of sitting Shiva (their father's last request).

     

        This was a decent, but not great film. The films main cast is the main focal point of the praise as they really have great chemistry and great comedic timing togehter. Out of the cast the real standout is Adam Driver and it was nice to see him this type of role and for star Wars fans it's a chance for him to show that he can act. That however is where the praise ends. The story has a few new elements but it really doesn't bring anything new to the table. The cast do their best with the script, but they can only do so much. The film constantly repeats itself and it just gets really annoying. The same could be said for the supporting cast who really just do absolutely nothing and only show up when it's convenient to the plot. Overall the film has a great main cast that work well together, but everything else around them fails. I give This Is Where I leave You a 5.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of This Is Where I Leave You, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment