Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Review of The Skeleton Twins

        So I recently watched The Skeleton Twins and I'm here to bring you my review. So Without further ado...





The Skeleton Twins poster.jpg

        When estranged twins Maggie (played by Kristen Wiig) and Milo (played by Bill Hader) feel they're at the end of their ropes, an unexpected reunion forces them to confront why their lives went so wrong. As the twins reconnect, they realize the key to fixing their lives may just lie in repairing their relationship.

        This film was actually surprising. You would think that two very funny actors such as Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig couldn't pull off a drama. In a shock they do and their performances are just simply amazing. The film has a heavy hearted plot and it really shows just what can happen when certain events can bring us closer to the ones we've pushed away. The film has a lot of heart and a lot very powerful emotional moments. The supporting cast in the film (which includes Luke Wilson and Ty Burrell) is really good and are used in the right amount. I will say that while the emotional moments are very powerful, they can sometimes get drawn out to far. Overall the film was a surprise and it really shocked me with the performances of Wiig and Hader. I give the film a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Skeleton Twins, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                          Jonah Sparks 

No comments:

Post a Comment