Sunday, September 21, 2014

My Review of The Maze Runner

        So I recently watched The maze Runner and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Theatrical release poster

        When Thomas (played by Dylan O'Brien) wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mysterious organization known as W.C.K.D. Only by piecing together fragments of his past with clues he discovers in the maze can Thomas hope to uncover his true purpose and a way to escape.

     

        This film was better than I thought it would be. You would think that it would play out like most young adult novels do, but instead it puts a new twist on the genre. It has predictable parts but the majority of the movie constantly keeps you guessing. The acting in the film is also pretty darn good especially the performances of Dylan O'Brien and Will Poulter. In my opinion it has the best visual effects for a young adult film in the history of the genre. The main problems I had with the time is the use of shaky cam (it makes a film look sloppy) and the film has an intriguing first 30 minutes but as the film goes on you start to get a little bored and having a lot of predictable moments really enhances the boredom. Overall the film has a great acting performances and a really intriguing plot, but as the film goes on it tends to drag itself down with boredom. I give The Maze Runner a 6.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Maze Runner, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment