Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Review of Bad Words

        So I recently watched Bad Words and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.............





BadWords2014.jpg

        Guy Trilby (played by Jason Bateman), a 40-year-old misanthrope, makes waves at a regional spelling bee when, due to a loophole in the rules, he is allowed to enter and later wins. Hurling insults at every turn, Guy advances to the national contest in Los Angeles, accompanied by a reporter (played by Kathryn Hahn) who wants to discover his hidden motives for entering the bee. As the competition gears up, friendless Guy inexplicably forms a bond with a young speller who is feeling parental pressure to win.

     

        I absolutely love this film. This film is pretty much a mix of Bad Santa and Billy Madison and it is absolutely hilarious. Jason Bateman is awesome in this film as well as the supporting performances of Allison Janney, Kathryn Hahn and Rohan Chand. Jason Bateman knocks it out of the park in his directorial debut. The jokes are just hilarious and If you get the chance to see it then see it. Now my biggest complaint in the film is that it gets just a little too dramatic at some points and that's not necessarily good for comedies. But overall I love the film and you should definitely check it out. I give Bad Words an 8.5 out of 10 and you should rent it or buy it on VOD/PPV.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Bad Words, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment