Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Review of 300: Rise of an Empire

        So I recently watched 300: Rise of an Empire and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





300 Rise of an Empire.jpg

        As Greek general Themistokles (played by Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. Themistokles plans to fight against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (played by Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (played by Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.

       

        The film was better than I expected it to be. I really enjoyed the storyline and how it takes place before, during and after the events of its predecessor 300. The action was unbelievable especially in 3D. The acting in the film was really good, especially Eva Green. The one complaint Iv'e heard from other reviews is the amount of blood that pours out of someone is just a bit over the top and I can honestly say that it was just a bit too much. Another thing I hated was that the film was based off of the sequel graphic novel to 300 entitled Xerxes and the character of Xerxes is barley in the film at all. The film really would have benefited from Zack Snyder's directing abilities. Overall i thought the film was great, but it just wasn't awesome as 300 so Overall I'm going to give 300: Rise of an Empire a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of 300: Rise of an Empire, what would you score it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment