Friday, June 26, 2015

My Top 10 Least Favorite Films of 2015 So Far

        While the first half of 2015 has had a lot of amazing movies, there have been a lot of really bad ones. So with that being said I'm going to bring you my top 10 least favorite films of 2015 so far. So without further ado...





10. Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty-Gray-poster.jpg

        Look I'm not going to beat around the bush, this film is absolutely terrible. I understand that the book is very popular and that a lot of the female really enjoyed the book and the movie and that is your right to have that opinion. My personal opinion is that it is a sloppy film in every possible aspect, the film is boring and to be honest I could care less about the future sequels.




9. Serena
Serenaposter.jpg

        When you have a film that stars 3-time Academy Award nominated actor Bradley Cooper and Academy Award winning actress Jennifer Lawrence in a film togehter you fully expect it to be an Oscar contender. Instead you get what is possibly the most boring movie ever and I firmly believe that. The story is convoluted, it doesn't make no sense and both of the lead actors mail in their performances. When that happens especially when they are that talented then you film is automatically horrible.




8. The Boy Next Door
The Boy Next Door 2015.png

        For this to be a thriller movie, I've never laughed so hard before in my entire life. The film tries to take itself to seriously and every piece of dialogue is just ridiculous. The story is terrible and cliched to the max and predictable from the opening frame. The films runtime is 90 minutes and to be honest it feels like a 3 hour epic film.




7. The Loft
The Loft film poster.png

        for the longest time I heard nothing but Oscar praise for the film because of the cast and the plot of the was so interesting, but it failed miserably. The film makes no sense whatsoever, the cast of the film looks lost in every scene and this film tries so hard to be a great murder mystery and it fails. It is one the list of a few films where I wanted to stop watching the film halfway through and made want to give up working on the blog because it was so terrible.




6. Motrdecai
Mortdecai poster.jpg

        I used to be a big fan of Johnny Depp and at one time he was a top level actor that could do anything he wanted. After playing Jack Sparrow in the first Pirates of the Carribean film (which I love), he ended up do silly films and silly roles in terrible films and playing the same type of character in every film. This is another perfect example of his career going downhill. The film tries to be funny and it just isn't and every a-list star in the film is wasted.




5. Taken 3
Taken 3 poster.jpg

        This franchise has gotten worse and worse and I'm glad it is ending. Liam Neeson is a great actor and to be honest he fits well into action films. But this film is like every other action film that he is in and when you have a film titles Taken and nobody gets Taken then the film is automatically going to be terrible. I really enjoy Liam Neeson as an actor, but I wish he would do something different other than action films.




4. Unfinished Business
Unfinished Business 2015 film poster.png

        I've never been so mad at a film before in my entire life. You have a film with Vince Vaughn (who's comedy is hit and miss), Dave Franco (a great young comedic actor) and Tom Wilkinson (an Academy Award nominated actor) in the same film you expect it to be at least decent. In the end it is not funny in any way, the performances are terrible and it's one of the most cliched films of the year.




3. The Longest Ride
The Longest Ride poster.png

        I used to enjoy Nicholas Sparks films (simply because he has my last name) and they used to be really good romance films. Now every single one of his books turned into films are the exact same film throughout and are predictable before the film even comes out. He hasn't had a good film since The Notebook and I honestly don't another Nicholas Sparks adaptation will be that good ever again.




2. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
Paul Blart - Mall Cop 2 poster.jpg

        I don't think I've ever seen a more unnecessary sequel than this film. The film isn't that great, but because it made money the studio thought it would be a wonderful idea to make a sequel. In reality you made the exact same film in a different location. Kevin is not funny and trying to make him the lead in a comedy film is just a terrible idea. I'm thankful that film didn't make a lot of money because I don't want to have to sit through another Paul Blart film.




1. Hot Pursuit
Hot Pursuit 2015 poster.jpg

        Another comedy in which I did not laugh one single time. The film is cliched and predictable. Reese Witherspoon is an Academy Award winning actress and if this was her first ever film I would give her the advice to stop acting because she was dreadful. I said this in my review, but Sofia Vergara is Colombian and that is her true accent, I was annoyed every time she opened her mouth. I don';t mind it when she 's in a film where she doesn't have a lot of screen time, but when she is on-screen the majority of the time like she is in this film she is the most annoying woman in the entire world.


   

        So ladies and gentlemen what are some of your least favorite films of the year so far and what do you think of my list? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment