Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Review of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

        So I recently watched Me and Earl and the Dying Girl and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Me & Earl & the Dying Girl (film) POSTER.jpg

        Awkward Pittsburgh high school student Greg (played by Thomas Mann) befriends a classmate, Rachel (played by Olivia Cooke), who has leukemia. Greg and his best friend Earl (played by Ronald Cyler II) make low-budget films in their spare time, and together, decide to make a film for Rachel.

       

        This is really emotional and fantastic movie. I'm going to get this out of the way and if this film can hold on til January (like Boyhood did last year), then it will be a prime Oscar contender. The performances in the film are just off the charts and the one I really enjoyed the most was the one given by Nick Offerman who I think has a real shot at getting an acting Oscar nomination next year. The film paints a really beautiful look at how cancer in a young can change their life forever and the struggles they go through on a daily basis. It has a lot of really great movie references to older film and I thought that was a nice little touch. Like I said the film get emotional at some points and sometimes the emotion felt forced because of the circumstances that the characters in the film face. Overall this is a touching film with some great performances and an amazing story, but over emotional scenes took me out of it. I give Me and Earl and the Dying Girl a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment