Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Review of Spy

        So I recently watched Spy and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado................





Spy2015 TeaserPoster.jpg

        Susan Cooper (played by Melissa McCarthy) is an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst, and the unsung hero behind the Agency's most dangerous missions. But when her partner (played by Jude Law) falls off the grid and another top agent (played by Jason Statham) is compromised, she volunteers to go deep undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer, and prevent a global disaster.

       

        This was a really fun film. Now I will say going in I was a little skeptical because Melissa McCarthy has been on sort of a cold streak as of late and this film could've gone wrong in so many ways. But the paring of McCarthy and Paul Fieg is an unbeatable combination. He knows how to handle female led films (Bridesmaids and The Heat) and his humor is top-notch. The big surprise for me was Jason Statham who is mostly know for action films and he has a great sense of humor and great comedic timing. I also enjoyed Jude Law in the film and he is another guy who you rarely see in comedies and he did a really great job in the film. The chemistry between all of the actors is tremendous and you need that to have a successful comedy. I will say that some of the jokes just didn't get to me like I thought they would and I thought the film ran a little too long, but it's still a great film nonetheless . Overall this a really solid comedy and hopefully we can more of these films with McCarthy than her previous attempts. I give Spy an 8.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Spy, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment