Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Review of Max

        So I recently watched Max and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...............





Max poster.jpg

        A military dog from Afghanistan is adopted by his late handler's grieving family in the U.S., where his close bond with the soldier's brother leads to a life-altering revelation.

        This was pretty decent film. A lot of you know that I am a dog lover and the way that animal films have gone in the past I thought I may end up breaking down in tears and I didn't. At its core there is a great insight on how military dogs have PTSD and how it effects their lives. The story that surrounds that message is pretty boring and disappointing. The performances are a little over the top and just took me out of the movie. There are some really good emotional scenes, but sometimes it does get a little too emotional. Going back on the story, it goes from being about this dog dealing with the death of its owner to switching over to a film about drug dealers and it just didn't make a lot of sense of what the film wanted to be about. Overall this was a film with a great message, but not a great story to help carry that message. I give Max a 5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Max, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment