Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My Review of Woman in Gold

        So I recently watched Woman in Gold and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Woman in Gold film poster.png

        Sixty years after she fled Vienna during World War II, an elderly Jewish woman, Maria Altmann (played by Helen Mirren), starts her journey to retrieve family possessions seized by the Nazis, among them Klimt's famous painting 'Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I'. Together with her inexperienced but plucky young lawyer Randy Schoenberg (played by Ryan Reynolds), she embarks upon a major battle which takes them all the way to the heart of the Austrian establishment and the U.S. Supreme Court, and forces her to confront difficult truths about the past along the way.

       

        This was a really bland movie. It does have a really powerful and emotional story and it has a spectacular cast, but it's just way to dramatic. I mean it beats you over the head with the story that is actually heartbreaking because of everything this woman had to go through. I loved the performances of Ryan Reynolds and Helen Mirren who fed off of each really well, but I thought at times that they over-acted a few scenes and it just took me out of the film. The film is about a woman getting a painting back and to me it feels a lot like The Monuments Men  and I hated that movie. Overall I think this movie will appeal to a certain group, but it was just really boring to me. I give Woman in Gold a 2 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Woman in Gold, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment