Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Review of The Age of Adaline

        So I recently watched The Age of Adaline and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





The Age of Adaline film poster.png

        After miraculously remaining 29 years old for almost eight decades, Adaline Bowman (played by Blake Lively) has lived a solitary existence, never allowing herself to get close to anyone who might reveal her secret. But a chance encounter with charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones (played by Michiel Huisman) reignites her passion for life and romance. When a weekend with his parents (played by Harrison Ford and Kathy Baker) threatens to uncover the truth, Adaline makes a decision that will change her life forever.

       

        This was a pretty decent film. When I first saw the trailer for the film I thought it would be another sappy love story using time travel as a plot device like Winter's Tale and Begin Again. I was right about the sappy love story, but not the time travel aspect. It uses the theme that love conquers all things and it uses the theme to tell about a very emotional journey that Adaline has to go through. I will say all of the performances in the film, but with Blake Lively cast as the lead, I think the film would've had more of an impact if someone else was playing the part, but she still did a decent job. The move at points is all over the place with the pace and tone and the story just bottoms out as it reaches the climax of the third act. Overall this was a nice little film to watch, but you could probably check other options before paying money to see it. I give The Age of Adaline a 5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Age of Adaline, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment