Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Review of Child 44

        So I recently watched Child 44 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado.........





Child 44 poster.jpg

        During Stalin's rule of the Soviet Union in the early 1950s, disgraced Ministry of State Security (MGB) Agent Leo Demidov (played by Tom Hardy) uncovers a strange and brutal series of child murders by a serial killer who everyone claims that he never existed.

        This movie is so disappointing. I mean from the cast alone it should be at least a decent movie and it just isn't. It does have a well thought out story, but it's just not executed well. I will say that the performances carry the film along for its 137 minute runtime that just drags out to make it feel like a 3 hour film. The real standout is Tom Hardy who just makes every movie he is in better than it should be. I didn't expect much from director Daniel Espinosa who hasn't done much and what he's worked on in the past isn't that great. The main point I'm trying to get across is that the film is boring. Overall this film had a lot of potential with the cast and story and in the end it just falls flat. I give Child 44 a 2.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Child 44, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment