Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Review of Ex Machina

        So I recently watched Ex Machina and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Ex-machina-uk-poster.jpg

        Caleb Smith (played by Domhnall Gleeson), a programmer at an internet-search giant, wins a competition to spend a week at the private mountain estate of the company's brilliant and reclusive CEO, Nathan Bateman (played by Oscar Isaac). Upon his arrival, Caleb learns that Nathan has chosen him to be the human component in a Turing Test-charging him with evaluating the capabilities, and ultimately the consciousness, of Nathan's latest experiment in artificial intelligence. That experiment is Ava (played by Alicia Vikander), a breathtaking A.I. whose emotional intelligence proves more sophisticated--and more deceptive--than the two men could have imagined.

     

        This film is just absolutely amazing. First off let me start with the performances. Both Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Issac are spectacular and they have some amazing chemistry and I hope we get to see more of that when they appear in Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens togehter this December. But the one thing that stood out to me was the performance of Alicia Vikander who gives and Oscar-worthy performance and she proves with this film that she will be a name mentioned for every film for years to come. It's engaging thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat trying to figure out what is going on and what is going to happen. I really liked the science behind the film and the theories and that's what makes it a really smart film and how it gives off different messages about society. That is also my one complaint with the movie in the sense that it may too smart for people to grasp the concept of the film. Overall this was an amazing, original and mind-blowing film will easily finish as one of my favorite films of the year, but the concept is just a little too smart for my taste. I give Ex Machina a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Ex Machina, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment