Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Review of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

        So I recently watched The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





MockingjayPart1Poster3.jpg

        The story finds Katniss Everdeen (played by Jennifer Lawrence) in District 13 after she literally shatters the games forever. Under the leadership of President Coin (played by Julianne Moore) and the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss spreads her wings as she fights to save Peeta (played by Josh Hutcherson) and a nation moved by her courage.

       

        This was good film. Now as I say with all of these films I didn't read the books so I honestly don't know what is going to happen in Part 2. With all of that being said I felt like the film was a cash-grab and they should have just made one whole film instead of splitting the book in two parts. The film focused on a lot of unnecessary plot points that just didn't interest me. I know a lot will argue you could say the same about Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1, but I will argue that Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows book has 759 pages compared to Mockingjay which has 309 pages which is a more half of what Harry Potter had. I also know that politics play a big role in the overall story of The Hunger Games, but this film plays out like a political propaganda film and its so saturated with politics that it really just turned off from the film. The last 30 minutes of film and the performances are worth the price of admission, but don't go in expecting an entire film that based on the games and be prepared for a lot of filler material just to make the film 2 hours long. Overall I enjoyed the film and the performances are amazing, but with the amount political aspects going on and a lot of small plot points I did get bored with some parts of the film and we should have gotten the entire book instead of one half of a complete story. I give The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 an 8 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment