Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Review of Beyond the Lights

        So I recently watched Beyond the Lights and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





BeyondtheLightsposter.jpg

        Noni (played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw), the music world's latest superstar. But not all is what it seems, and the pressures of fame have Noni on the edge - until she meets Kaz Nicol (played by , a young cop and aspiring politician who's been assigned to her detail. Drawn to each other, Noni and Kaz fall fast and hard, despite the protests of those around them who urge them to put their career ambitions ahead of their romance. But it is ultimately Kaz's love that gives Noni the courage to find her own voice and break free to become the artist she was meant to be.

        This was a pretty decent film and better than what I thought it was going to be. The film has some similarities to Romeo and Juliet as well as The Bodyguard and it sort of mixes the two together. The performances in the are really great as well and both of the two leads have pretty bright futures as long as they choose the right roles. The supporting cast is also strong with Academy Award nominated actress Minnie Driver and Danny Glover who really play their characters on point and actually add to the film. My main problem is the dialogue in which the actors are given as it comes across as very campy, cheesy and boring and I actually thought the film would be better off as a TV film. Overall the performances are amazing, but don't go in expecting a great story. I give Beyond the Lights a 7 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Beyond the Lights, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment