Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Review of Before I Go to Sleep

        So I recently watched Before I Go to Sleep and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Before I Go to Sleep

        Christine Lucas (played by Nicole Kidman) is a woman who wakes up every day with no memory as the result of a traumatic accident in her past. One day, terrifying new truths begin to emerge that make her question everything she thinks she knows about her life - as well as everyone in it, including her doctor (played by Mark Strong) and even her husband (played by Colin Firth).

        This film pretty much met my expectations. I thought the film would have great performances from its three leads and they all show how good they actually are. Mark Strong is the real standout in the film and he shows that he can act and I personally want to see him in more films. Both Kidman and Firth (Oscar winners in their own right) have really god chemistry togehter and they both have their own moments in the film. The film also keeps you on the edge of your seat and it really does do justice to the psychological thriller genre. The film however lacks interesting dialogue and it is very poorly directed and it's full of cliches that make some parts of the film way too predictable. Overall the film has stellar performances, but lacks good dialogue and the rehashed cliches that are just to predictable form the start of the film. I give Before I Go to Sleep a 4.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment