Friday, November 28, 2014

My Reaction to the Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer

        If you haven't heard, some small movie called Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens released its teaser trailer on this glorious Black Friday and I'm here to bring you my reaction to it. So without further ado...


Starwarsviitheforceawakens.jpg


Here's the trailer for you if you haven't seen it



        My initial reaction was OH MY LORD. After months of rumors and speculation on who was going to be in the film, to actually realizing that the film is going to happen to what the trailer would look like, everything has been built up to this. I;m going to breakdown the trailer scene by scene simply because the trailer allows me too.

  • First off seeing the dessert of Tatooine instantly got me excited and then we see John Boyega (who has been described as the main lead for the film) in a Stormtrooper outfit which has made a few people mad. I say that because the prequels introduced us to the Clone Troopers who were made from one human (Jango Fett) and they are all the same in every feature. What I took the scene is that Boyega's character was disguised as a Stormtrooper to escape the Empire's clutches (an omage to Han and Luke being disguised to help Leia escape the Death Star) so if that's the route we are going I'm ok with it. 
  • We also begin to hear the voice-over and many people have speculated on who it could be from Benedict Cumberbatch (who was rumored to be in the film, but not confirmed), Adam Driver (who from rumors will be the so-called Anakin of the new trilogy) and to who I think it is Andy Serkis (who we have no idea who he is playing). All I know is that after hearing the voice-over we now understand why the film is called The Force Awakens and it also gave me chills
  • Next we see a little throwaway scene of a droid rolling on a ball of some sort and it will just most likely introduce to someone new when we see the full film
  • Then we see the Stormtroopers in a helicarrier to drop them off for battle and that really gets me wondering what type of battle will they be in.
  • We then get a shot of Daisy Ridley who looks to be running from somebody (maybe the new villain or Stormtroopers)  and she jumps on a new type of speeder and along the way she could bump into John Boyega's character.
  • Then we get a shot of Oscar Issacs as an X-Wing pilot and this could be apart of the big end air battle scene or just an air raid on an old Imperial base. I also really like seeing the X-Wing's fly across water and I instantly knew this film is going to be epic
  • But the biggest thing from the trailer was seeing the mysterious cloaked figure walking through the snow in the woods and then turning on his three sided lightsaber (when that I happened I geeked out so hard) and this could be a number of people from Adam Driver to Lupita Nyong'o to Max Von Sydow it's untelling at this point. 
  • and finally we get to the big climatic scene of the trailer which involves the Millennium Falcon flying through the dessert of Tatooine fighting Tie-Fighters. It also packed that big punch with the score that the Phantom Menace trailer did when is was just a black screen with words on the screen and then shifted to the podracing scene. 
        All I know is this was a perfect teaser trailer and it got me even more excited for the film and I'm so mad that we have to wait til December of next year to see the final product.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of the Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens teaser trailer and what are some of your thoughts and opinions on what each scene signifies? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment