Friday, April 11, 2014

My Review of Rio

        So with Rio 2 being released this weekend I thought it would be appropriate to review the first film in the franchise Rio. So without further ado...





A Blue Spix's Macaw wearing a yellow scarf is surrounded by other birds and animals from the film. They sit on a sandy beach with beachgoing tourists in the background, facing away. The weather is mostly sunny, with one cloud in the sky. The text reads "From the creators of Ice Age: RIO"

        Rio tells the story of Blu (voiced by Jesse Eisenberg), a male blue macaw who is taken to Rio de Janeiro to mate with a free-spirited female blue macaw, Jewel (voiced by Anne Hathaway). The two eventually fall in love, and together they have to escape from being smuggled by Nigel (voiced by Jemaine Clement), a cockatoo.

     

        I really enjoyed this movie. It was a real pleasant surprise and it had a really interesting story. It has some of the best visuals I have seen in an animated film also the soundtrack is really catchy. I also thought the voice acting of Eisenberg and Hathaway was spectacular and I couldn't imagine two other people being more perfect for the roles than these two. While it has all of those positives it does have some negatives. The film tries way to hard too hard to be a Pixar level film and fails miserably, also will the story is interesting, it over stuffs itself.  Also while there were some funny parts, a lot of the jokes fell really flat and while th kids may enjoy the film, some of adults in the attendance will be really bored. Overall I myself enjoyed the film and had a great time with that and I'm going to give Rio an 8 out 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Rio. what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                        Jonah Sparks 

No comments:

Post a Comment