Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Review of God's Not Dead

        So I recently watched God's Not Dead and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado......





God's Not Dead.jpg

        Josh Wheaton (played by Shane Harper), a devout Christian and freshman college student, enrolls in a philosophy class taught by a dogmatic and argumentative atheist. Professor Radisson (played by Kevin Sorbo) demands that all of his students must sign a declaration that "God is dead" in order to get a passing grade. Faced with a choice between passing the class and betraying his beliefs, Josh refuses. And so the professor strikes a bargain: Josh must defend his position that "God's not dead" in a series of debates with him. If he loses, he flunks. When Josh accepts the challenge, he gets more than he bargained for — jeopardizing his faith, his relationships, even his academic future.

     

        I was really surprised by the film. It has a very emotional and moving story about someone standing up for what they believe in and the film presents a lot of modern day issues that every devout Christians deal with on a daily basis. I thought Kevin Sorbo's performance was spectacular. Now on the downside of the things, I thought besides Sorbo's performance the acting was really terrible and their were a lot of annoying characters. I thought the film went a little longer than it should of (Its runtime is 113 minutes) and I think it should have been 90 minutes long. Also I thought the film really just wasn't a great cinematic experience and I feet that it would of had more of an impact on TV where more people could have seen it. Overall it brings across a great and inspiring message and I'm going to give God's Not Dead a 6.5 out of 10 and if you get the chance to see it on TV then please watch it.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of God's Not Dead, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment