Friday, April 4, 2014

My Review of Captain America: The First Avenger

        So in honor of Captain America: The Winter Soldier of being released this weekend I've decided to review the first film in the franchise Captain America: The First Avenger. So without further ado...





Captain America The First Avenger poster.jpg

        After being deemed unfit for military service, Steve Rogers (played by Chris Evans) volunteers for a top secret research project that turns him into Captain America, a superhero dedicated to defending America's ideals.

       

        While this is apart of the MCU's (Marvel Cinematic Universe) phase 1, it is by far one of the weaker films in the universe. This film has one of the better origin stories I have seen in a long time and it is very action packed. The performances are amazing especially Chris Evans as Captain America and Tommy Lee Jones as Colonel Chester Phillips. I also like the visuals in the film as well as the retro vibe that it brought off. One negative is that the film took a really long time to get going and by that I mean that it took n early 50 minutes just get a huge action scene and then over 5 minutes of montages when they could of had a bigger impact. Also I felt that the story was very plain and simple and it didn't really have a long lasting effect. Overall I really enjoyed the film and it was a great ending to the phase 1 solo films. Overall I give Captain America: The First Avenger a 7.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Captain America: The First, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                                         Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment