Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Review of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

        So I recently watched The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Catching-Fire poster.jpg

        After winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games Katniss Everdeen (played by Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (played by Josh Hutcherson) return home to District 12. However they must embark on a "Victory Tour" to all of the other districts, leaving behind their close friends and family. The day of the tour, President Snow (played by Donald Sutherland) threatens Katniss's best friend and pretend cousin Gale Hawthorne (played by Liam Hemsworth). During the tour, Katniss senses that rebellion is brewing in the districts, but the capitol is still firmly in control as the world prepares for the 75th Annual Hunger Games (known as a Quarter Quell), a competition that could change Panem forever.

        This film was amazing. The film was visually stunning and breathtaking from Oscar nomination worthy for costume and set design,makeup and visual effects, I loved the direction the director Francis Lawrence (no relation to Jennifer Lawrence) took the film and I'm excited to see what he does for the next two films in the franchise. I thought the film was beautifully paced except for the games themselves (I thought they were a little rushed but you can only put so much book material into a film). Their is a lot of Oscar level talent between multiple Academy Award winners and nominees. Donald Sutherland plays one of the most vile and vindictive villains I've ever seen in President Snow as well as a magnificent addition to the cast in Philip Seymour Hoffman. I loved he film and I had a blast so I'm going to give it a 9.5 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                    Jonah Sparsk

















No comments:

Post a Comment