Sunday, July 19, 2015

My Review of Trainwreck

        So I recently watched Trainwreck and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado....





Trainwreck poster.jpg

        Since she was a little girl, it's been drilled into Amy's (played by Amy Schumer) head by her rascal of a dad (played by Colin Quinn) that monogamy isn't realistic. Now a magazine writer, Amy lives by that credo-enjoying what she feels is an uninhibited life free from stifling, boring romantic commitment-but in actuality, she's kind of in a rut. When she finds herself starting to fall for the subject of the new article she's writing, a charming and successful sports doctor named Aaron Conners (played by Bill Hader), Amy starts to wonder if other grown-ups, including this guy who really seems to like her, might be on to something.

     

        This was actually a really good movie. Now look I'm not the biggest fan of Amy Schumer (due to a very inappropriate joke about the late Ryan Dunn a few years ago) and her comedy is atrocious to me and I honestly can't see why people think she is funny. Now I know that it's not really right of me to have a pre-determined dislike for something or someone in a movie, but I can't help it in this film and every time she's on screen I cringe. I will say however that everyone else in the film is amazing on screen and the jokes they crack are gut-busting and the film goes smoothly enough for me to say this is the best comedy of the year so far. The two most suprising  parts of the film are LeBron James and John Cena who steal the movie every time they are on screen and I honestly think they can be great comedy assets in future comedy films. I think this is a return for Judd Apatow who hasn't had a good film in a long time and this possibly the film to star his comeback. Overall the film is really funny despite my dislike for Amy Schumer. I give Trainwreck a 9 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Trainwreck, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment