Sunday, July 12, 2015

Comic-Con 2015 Review/ Weekend Movie News 7-10-15 to 7-12-15

        Well ladies and gentlemen Comic-Con 2015 has came and passed and today I'm going to give the top 5 headlines from this weekends events. So without further ado.............





San Diego Comic-Con International logo.svg

        Now for those of you that don't know what Comic-Con is I'm going to simply put it as nerd heaven for four days in San Diego. Its basically a convention with news about comic books science fiction/fantasy, film/television, horror, animation,anime, manga, toys, collectible card games, video games, and fantasy novels. Now being that this is a movieblog I will only bring you the top 5 movie headlines.

1. Warner Bros./DC won Comic-Con for the second consecutive year by releasing a nearly 4 minute trailer for the upcoming Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. I gong to tell you that I absolutely loved the trailer and it pretty much confirmed that this film will pretty much be based on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns and I couldn't be happier. The film looks absolutely amazing and I think all of the haters can finally shut-up about Ben Affleck being Batman. It confirmed a lot of different suspicions, one being that the events of the end of Man of Steel will have a major impact on the film and pretty much be the basic guideline for the future of the DCCU. I know it's just a trailer, but the anticipation level for the film for myself is through the roof and it makes me mad because the film was originally supposed to be released this upcoming weekend on July 17th. For now we have to wait til March to see the final product.



2. Warner Bros./DC also revealed the first official trailer for Suicide Squad. Now since it wasn't officially revealed to the public audience not in attendance at Comic-Con and since the video footage is leaked, I won't be posting the trailer, but you can check it out online. All I can say from what was shown is that this film is going to be better than we all expected. Everything was just so amazing and we finally got to hear Jared Leto's laugh for The Joker and it was haunting to say the least. All I know is that this film is going to amazing and I can't wait for you all to finally see the trailer once it is officially released.


3. Warner Bros./DC also revealed and confirmed that the Green Lantern film set to hit theaters on June 19th, 2020 will be titled Green Lantern Corps. For those that don't know the Green Lantern Corps is the military force that is made up of various members who hold the power of the Green Lantern ring. This becomes huge news becasue it means that we will see different versions of the character from Hal Jordan to John Stewart to Guy Gardner to Kyle Rayner to Alan Scott to Simon Baz. Now it is untelling how many of versions of the character will be used in the film, but it is probably a safe bet that Hal Jordan and John Stewart will be used since they are the most popular and most recognizable versions of the characters in the comics, animated films and video games alike. There are so many different directions the film can go in and I can't wait to see what it does.


4. 20th Century Fox conducted various panels, but the one that stood out was the panel for Deadpool. The reason being is because the official Red Band trailer was revealed to the audience in attendance. As I said before with the Suicide Squad trailer since it has not been officially released to the general public, I will not post the trailer, but Ryan Reynolds did tweet out that the trailer will be released in 3 weeks. Let me say that it is everything I have wanted to see in a Deadpool movie and the fact that we are finally getting the film just makes me so giddy. I laughed a lot seeing the trailer and I'm so excited to see the film.


5. Legendary Pictures held a panel for the upcoming Warcraft movie set to be released on June 10th, 2016 and it was revealed that the first official trailer would be released in November. This is interesting because the this is going to be a rushed marketing campaign for the film since November will put us at 7 months away from the films release. I honestly feel that the first trailer should've been released this past weekend to help begin the buzz for the film 11 months away from release. Hopefully the marketing pays off in the end becasue this film is the most important film for the future of video game films and if this one doesn't succeed then the possibility of one never succeeding becomes a reality.

        So ladies and gentlemen did any of these events excite you and what was the most exciting piece of news that you heard? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment