Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Review of Magic Mike XXL

        So I recently watched Magic Mike XXL and I'm here to bring you my review. So without further ado...





Magic mike xxl.jpg

        Picking up the story three years after Mike (played by Channing Tatum) bowed out of the stripper life at the top of his game, "Magic Mike XXL" finds the remaining Kings of Tampa likewise ready to throw in the towel. But they want to do it their way: burning down the house in one last blow-out performance in Myrtle Beach, and with legendary headliner Magic Mike sharing the spotlight with them. On the road to their final show, with whistle stops in Jacksonville and Savannah to renew old acquaintances and make new friends, Mike and the guys learn some new moves and shake off the past in surprising ways.

     

        This is a really terrible film. Look I understand that I'm not the target audience for the film and I understand that it's a male stripper movie, but the first film at least had a decent story and this one doesn't. A lot of the characters have really weird intentions on how to get back into the game of stripping. The film was also missing the direction of Stephen Soderbergh (who directed the first film) and he had nothing to do with the film other than being the cinematographer. I also thought the film was missing the personality of Matthew McConaughey and while Jada Pinkett Smith is a great replacement, but I thought the film really needed McConaughey for the film to succeed. I did however like the performances in the film and the character development was really good going from one film to the next. Overall this is a film that if you are women you will enjoy, but don't expect anything spectacualr from the film.I give Magic Mike XXL a 3 out of 10.

        So ladies and gentlemen what did you think of Magic Mike XXL, what would you rate it and what did you think of my review? Let me know in the comments section below and let your voice be heard.

                                                                                                                           Jonah Sparks

No comments:

Post a Comment